*Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is "Computation Time"?
Computing parameter requests for Grasshopper files takes time. The more complex a Grasshopper file is, the more computation time our servers require. Choose the right type of plan depending on your computation time requirements. We have more information on this topic here, or contact our sales team to discuss the options available for you.
2. What is "Computation Priority"?
Our Free, Designer, Designer Plus, and Business plans are part of a shared server system. A computation request is queued before a computation process can start on our servers. Accounts with higher computation priority get access to more servers quicker, thus ensuring faster response times. This is particularly useful when having many simultaneous users during peak times.
Enterprise plans have private systems, so they do not share performance or server availability with other users. Therefore, this concept doesn't apply to them.
3. What are "Credits"?
Credits are like tokens or coins. Each paid account comes with a predetermined number of credits that auto-renews every month. They are consumed every time specific tasks exclusive to paid users take place, such as starting sessions and triggering exports.
1 credit = One 10-minute session or one export**.
- Session*: Every time a Grasshopper model is loaded in a whitelisted website via an embedded viewer (iframe or directly embedded).
- Export: Every time a ShapeDiver model (via our platform or embedded) exports any file (pdf, stl, dxf, etc.).
* Each session lasts up to 10 minutes, during which unlimited parameter changes can happen. If the session exceeds 10 minutes, another credit is deducted for every 10 more minutes of usage. If a configurator is left unattended, we only count the previously active session(s) until the user comes back and starts using the configurator again. For more technical information on sessions, please visit our Help section.
** Backend API calls are treated differently: every computation request and export costs a credit.
4. How can I track my credits?
All paid plans include access to an Analytics Dashboard that allows monitoring daily, weekly, and monthly credit consumption on an account and per-model basis.
5. Can I purchase more credits?
Yes. If, for any reason, you reach your monthly credit limit, each additional credit above your monthly limit will cost 4 cents. You'll receive an invoice with any overage fees at the end of each month.
6. Can I increase my available computation time?
Yes. We offer different plans depending on the amount of computation required by your Grasshopper models. Free, Designer and Designer Plus plans include up to 10 seconds. Designer and Designer Plus plans can be upgraded to up to 30 seconds for €150/month. Business plans already include up to 30 seconds and can be expanded to up to 60 seconds. Enterprise plans can be configured with custom computation times.
7. What are "seats"?
A seat grants a single person access to a ShapeDiver account, upload models, edit, share them, and generate embed codes.
Each plan includes a certain number of seats by default, but all paid ones can be expanded to include more seats and create an Organization. Read more about Organization here.
IMPORTANT: According to section 3.2.b of our Customer Terms of Service, sharing a seat between multiple individuals is prohibited.
8. What does "support" mean exactly?
All ShapeDiver users have access to cost-free support and troubleshooting for topics related to our plugin, platform, and API. This includes bug reporting, clarifications regarding our help documentation or video tutorials, and feature requests. Depending on your type of plan, this support is provided by our team via our Forum, email, or video calls.
For more information about our different Professional Services, please visit this section of our website.